ASIP Santé: publication of DMP compatibility specifications (updated)
DMP | 05 Oct 2012
ASIP Santé has published version 1.0.1 of the functional and technical specifications document (DSFT) covering electronic health record (DMP) interfaces in software for healthcare professionals, and the DMP compatibility contract for publishers (v1.0.1, updated 30 September 2011).
Main stages of DMP compatibility
Stage 1: Creation of application
Stage 2: Candidate granted access to test environment
Stage 2b: (Optional) technical support for candidate
Stage 3: Approval
The page "Approval process" (in French) provides details about the various stages that lead to DMP compatibility approval.
This document provides a detailed description of the interfaces between the DMP service and external systems, with the aim of providing interoperability for software for healthcare professionals from the start.
This document is aimed at candidates for DMP compatibility accreditation, and corresponds to the version of the services as seen in the first version of the DMP information system.
The purpose of the document is to :
- Summarize the background of the DMP service as part of the national implementation of health information systems;
- Show the role of software for healthcare professionals as a natural interface with these information systems, and to show the basic uses of the DMP when connected to these software packages, along with ways in which the DMP can be implemented within these packages;
- Provide a brief description of the organizational process for implementing DMP compatibility;
- Present the technologies that are to be implemented, and the measurable skills and techniques that development teams need;
- Describe the technical operations involved.
- Updated references to the interoperability framework for shared healthcare information systems (CI-SIS) in version 1.0.1 - this has been available since 18 November in the section interoperability framework for healthcare information systems (CI-SIS) (in French) on the website;
- Addition of a technical appendix to enable implementation of the DSG IHE profile;
(chapter 11 of the document provides details about the changes made in version 1.0.1);
- Addition of a technical appendix on the printing of documents to be given to the patient, as part of the patient account creation process (TD1.5).
Examples of messages that correspond to version 1.0.1 of this specification (updated 9 January 2012) as well as examples of code in Java, C++ and C# are also available (the example code in C++ has been available since 14 April 2011, and the Java and C# code were updated on 10 June 2011).
For these specifications, the applicable version of the health information systems interoperability framework (CI-SIS) is version 1.0.1, which is available at the health information systems interoperability framework (CI-SIS) site (in French).
These items (in French) can now be downloaded :
- dossier de spécifications fonctionnelles et techniques des interfaces LPS DMP1 (V1.0.1) ;
- annexe technique pour faciliter la mise en œuvre de IHE DSG ;
- Annexe technique sur l’impression des documents à remettre au patient (fournie le 30/06/2011) ;
- Annexe technique présentant le tableau des compatibilités OS Navigateurs avec la cryptolib CPS mis à jour ;
- schémas et WSDL associés (V1.0.1) ; inchangés depuis la version 1.0.0 du DSFT ;
- exemples de messages (v1.0.1_2), mis à jour le 09/01/2012 ;
- code exemple JAVA (v1.0.1_3), mis à jour le 07/03/2012 ;
- code exemple C# (v1.0.1_3), mis à jour le 07/03/2012 ;
- code exemple C++ (v1.0.1_2), mis à jour le 07/03/2012.
To help you with the DMP compatibility process, a dedicated FAQ (in French) is available at the following address : http://esante.gouv.fr/actus/dmp/faq-dmp-compatibilite-actualise
It contains the most common questions asked by DMP compatibility candidates, and is divided into the following categories:
- Approval process
- Test environments
- General technical questions
- Record creation and administrative management functionality
- Data entry functionality
- Entry of context and access to patient web services
DMP compatibility approval by ASIP Santé pertains to the following:
- All interactions between software for healthcare professionals and the DMP system in functional and technical terms, and not the functional and ergonomic options that are specific to each solution;
- The publisher's commitment to adhere to certain requirements that cannot be verified by testing (for example the capacity to generate ISO object identifiers (OID) and to synchronize with a time server).
Note : description of conditions under which optional technical support can be accessed, described in article 6.3 of the contract (in French).
The publishers' contract consists of two sections, which are
- The publishers' contract for DMP compatibility;
- A software identification sheet for software for healthcare professionals that include DMP compatibility (Appendix 1).
These items can now be downloaded :
- Publishers' contract for DMP compatibility (in French), v1.0.1, updated 30 September 2011