Assessment of the work carried out in 2013
Services | 12 Sep 2014
The rapid development of the use of information technology in health also raises significant security issues. It is precisely in order to face these issues that the Government is developing the General Security Policy of Health Information Systems (PGSSI-S), in a concerted way, the strategic leadership of which is provided by the Delegation to the Strategy of Health Information Systems (DSSIS) and its operational management by ASIP Santé. Assessing the work carried out in 2013.
The PGSSI-S relies on " “Fundamentals Founding Principles" setting out the broad guidelines for the security of health information systems. It is gradually enriched by technical standards, which are intended to be enforceable, and legal and practical guides. After the establishment of a working method in 2012, these Fundamentals were published in 2013.
This document provides general guidelines for security and organisation of the corpus of documents of the PGSSI-S.The documents constituting the PGSSI-S, created through a steering committee, are the result of working groups composed of institutional representatives and health professionals. The document creation “goes with the flow”.
In 2013, three other documents of the PGSSI-S were published:
- the "Authentication Repository of health actors" (July);
- the guide "Rules for the devices connected to a health information system" (November);
- "Notice of IT security for health professionals in private practice" (November).
FURTHER INFORMATION (in french)
- The opinion of Manuel Metz of ASIP Santé on the PGSSI-S
- The space dedicated to PGSSI-S on the esante.gou.fr
- Factsheet of the General Security Policy for the of Health Information Systems
THIS ARTICLE IS AN EXTRACT FROM ASIP SANTE'S ANNUAL REPORT 2013 (in french)